Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chicken Curry Soup

I've been under the weather for the past few days with the typical winter cold and this was just what the doctor ordered. Very simple and simmers in your slow cooker until dinner time. I couldn't have asked for more on a day like today when I wasn't feeling like my usual self and needed something to make me feel better. My husband had about 3 bowls of "seconds"!




1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
6 cups Chicken Broth
1 small Onion, chopped (or use 1 Tablespoon dried chopped onions)
1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced
3 medium Red Potatoes, diced with skin on (you can peel if you like.) (Or you can use 2 medium baking potatoes instead)
3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Rice (white or long grain)
1/2 cup Cream
1 Lemon

Add Chicken, broth, onion, apple, potatoes, carrots, curry powder and rice to slow cooker. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours. Shred the chicken breasts and add cream. When serving, sprinkle a little curry powder, salt/pepper to taste and a small amount of lemon juice over soup in bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment