Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birdie Clusters (Cookies and Cupcakes)

It's the first day of Spring and I am so ready to share these 'promise-of-some-warmer-weather' treats with you!

I decided to venture into the world of videography and put together a little 'How To' YouTube tutorial featuring these delicious and super easy goodies (as well as my adorable little girl). I really hope you enjoy it! Click HERE or watch below!



My Birdie Clusters recipe is CRAZY simple.

You can surely substitute the chocolate egg candies for jelly beans or other small egg shaped candies- but why pass up an opportunity to slip in some cocoa?




11 oz Butterscotch baking chips
6 oz Chow Mein Noodles
Small Chocolate Egg Candies

Empty butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until smooth. Pour noodles into the melted butterscotch and stir until the noodles are covered evenly. Spoon small clusters onto wax paper lined baking sheets. For cookie sized clusters, make larger- for cupcake topper sized clusters, make smaller. I made my cupcake toppers to fit only one of my candy eggs each. Allow to cool and harden. Either enjoy the Birdie Clusters by themselves or place them on the top of cupcakes as an extra sweet treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment