Friday, March 15, 2013

Lemon Honey Tea

This past year has been a sick one. Seriously. So many germs and so many people to spread them. With the ever changing North Carolina weather- I caught my share of cooties and was left with a sore or scratchy throat many a days. My favorite way to ease my vocal chords is to drink myself a great big double cup of this Honey Lemon Tea. The warm lemon and honey help to clean, clear and soothe your aching throat.

Yes I know.. there technically is no tea in this drink- but its so warm and delicious..  and I call it what I want!

I make mine strong so this is something you may have to play around with a bit to get it to your liking. Don't get discouraged if you don't like it at first try. Too bland? Add more honey and lemon. Too sweet? Add more lemon. You'll figure it out and just remember what you altered for the next time you make it. (Because if you are like me, there will surely be a next time.)




1 cup Hot Water
1 Tablespoon Sugar
3 Tablespoons Honey
3 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice

Place a hot water in a mug. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Next, add both the honey and lemon juice and mix well. Then- enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment