Thursday, November 11, 2010

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

I will admit I have an addiction to cheese. I like it a bit too much. My son is guilty of the same. Broccoli and Cheese Soup is an excuse to indulge our "cheese tooth."

I based my soup off a recipe I found on AllRecipes.com you can find here. I had was looking to use much of the ingredients the recipe called for but made some changes and was very pleased. The recipe that follows includes the changes I made.




1 (32 ounce) package frozen broccoli
3 1/2-4 cups milk
2 lb. package processed cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2-2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper



In medium to large saucepan, place broccoli and just enough water to cover. Cook until tender. Set aside and do not drain water.

In a large saucepan, heat milk. Blend in the flour and cheese until smooth. Stir in the cream and shredded cheddar cheese.  Add the broccoli (and it's water) to pot and season with salt and pepper. Heat soup through and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment