Thursday, November 4, 2010

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Italian Sausage

If you want a spaghetti dinner that's rich in flavor and easy on a budget- this is for you. I threw this recipe together with what I had in my pantry and didn't have to even rinse the dishes before they entered the dishwasher because the plates were all licked clean! The husband, 3rd grade son and 16 month old daughter LOVE spaghetti night. I always double my recipe!

My apologies. I tend to not measure much so I simply have guessed at the spice amounts.




1 lb Ground Mild Italian Sausage
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1-2 Tablespoons Dried Chopped Onion OR 1 Small Onion, chopped
1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 can Diced Tomatoes
2 cans Tomato Sauce
1-2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
1-2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
2 Bay Leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste

In large pot, brown sausage in olive oil. When almost cooked through, add onion and garlic. Let cook a few minutes, stirring. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices to pot. Simmer for several hours uncovered. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over your favorite hot spaghetti noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment