Saturday, November 6, 2010

Slow Cooked Chicken Pot Pie Stew

I absolutely love chicken pie. It's one of my favorite southern comfort foods. I love being from the south.. the food is phenomenal!

This is a recipe you cook in your crock pot. It couldn't get easier.. the amount of flavor will most definitely surprise you!



3 Frozen Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Potato Soup
1 can Mixed Vegetables
1 can Sliced New Potatoes
1 Tablespoon Dried Onion Flakes

Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook 8-10 hours on LOW.  Shred the chicken; stir. I like to add some basil or parsley and salt/pepper to season.  Add chicken stock to thin out stew or add flour to thicken, if you wish. Serve with some crescent rolls or biscuits.

I use 5 frozen chicken breasts when I double the recipe to keep the stew at the consistency I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment