Friday, November 5, 2010

Slow Cooked Swiss Steaks in Tomato/Green Pepper Sauce

This calls for your crock pot. (Oh, how I LOVE my crock pot!) It reminds me almost of a roast; the meat falls apart and is full of flavor. I double this recipe as it is not enough meat for my family of four.
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
1  shoulder steak (1 lb.), cut into 4 pieces
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup  tomato paste
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup  beef broth
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup  shredded Swiss Cheese
Heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.  Dredge steaks in flour. Add to skillet; cook 2 to 3 min. on each side or until steaks are browned on both sides. Remove from heat.
Place tomatoes, broth and tomato paste in slow cooker. Add steaks and peppers; cover with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 8 to 10 hours).
Once plated, sprinkle with cheese. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment