Monday, November 8, 2010

Chicken Alfredo

I think it's safe to say I once had a Chicken Alfredo obsession. I still love it, but don't eat it near as often as I did during my Alfredo kick. This dish is SO simple and inexpensive. Once you make the sauce for the first time, you will wonder why you ever bothered buying the jar sauces that can't even come close to comparing. The ingredients are minimal but the meal is SO good!





1 pound Fettuccine Noodles
1 pound Chicken Tenderloins, seasoned with garlic powder (or fresh chopped garlic), salt and pepper.
1 stick Butter
1 cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package.
In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown the seasoned chicken tenderloins until cooked through. Remove from skillet onto a clean plate.
In the same skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add Parmesan Cheese stir continuously until melted. Return Chicken to skillet.
Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.
I like to plate the pasta individually then top with sauce and chicken.


I will also add about 2 teaspoons of flour to the butter and cream while it is heating, whisking it until well blended. I like my sauce a little thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment